Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

my one little word for 2013

 

I've never been involved in the one little word project before. But, this year the word help kept popping in my mind. It was like it was my inner self telling me that I needed to reach out and be more of a help to people around me. To be a helper.

---------------------------------

The definition of help from dictionary.com is as follows:


help

  [help] 
         verb (used with object)
1.
to give or provide what is necessary to accomplish a task or satisfy a need; contribute strength ormeans to; render assistance to; cooperate effectively with; aid; assist: He planned to help me with mywork. Let me help you with those packages.
2.
to save; rescue; succor: Help me, I'm falling!
3.
to make easier or less difficult; contribute to; facilitate: The exercise of restraint is certain to help theachievement of peace.
4.
to be useful or profitable to: Her quick mind helped her career.
5.
to refrain from; avoid (usually preceded by can  or cannot  ): He can't help doing it.
6.
to relieve or break the uniformity of: Small patches of bright color can help an otherwise dull interior.
7.
to relieve (someone) in need, sickness, pain, or distress.
8.
to remedystop, or prevent: Nothing will help my headache.
9.
to serve food to at table (usually followed by to  ): Help her to salad.
10.
to serve or wait on (a customer), as in a store.

verb (used without object)


11.
to give aid; be of service or advantage: Every little bit helps.

---------------------------------

"Every little bit helps"


I don't really know how this word will evolve over the next year but I think being a helper is important to our humanity.

I remember seeing the quote from Mr Rogers that said...

Fred Rogers

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”




---------------------------------


I've been thinking a lot on how I can be a helper more this year.

I want to help others and make this world a kinder, gentler, more accepting place. If you're my friend, or a random person I pass on the street, if you need it, I hope I can offer some help.

I hope to help create the world I want to see. A world I'm proud of. 

I feel like my one little word is a pretty big one and sometimes when I think about it, it's a little intimidating. What can me, one little person, do with one little word with such a BIG meaning. 

But, if you believe in something you stand up for it. That's what I want to do. I believe in helping, and that's what I intend to do in 2013.

---------------------------------

Do you have one little word? If so, I'd love to hear it and your plans for it.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment