Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket

Sunday, July 1, 2012

What Ariana wants to be when she grows up...



Ariana is at the sweet stage where she looks at us sometimes like we hung the moon. We know all the answers and can fix anything and everything. She tells me constantly that when she grows up she wants to be a mommy - like me. My husband thinks this is the most adorable thing ever, telling me that it means I do an awesome job and she looks up to me. It tugs on my heartstrings in a big way.

The other day I was talking about when we moved back stateside what job I might want to do. I always worked before Ariana and was lucky enough to stay home with her the first few years of her life. I've loved our time together but with her going to preschool "for real" in the fall it's time for me to find something to keep me busy. If I don't have that little girl to play princesses, ponies, and babies, dress up like princesses, doctors or brides, color, craft, climb trees, bake, and chase butterflies with, I'll be bored at home alone.

One night I was talking with my husband about school and working options in a general hypothetical future talk one day. (Planning is sometimes hard to do when you are in the military) We were cooking dinner and Ariana was "cooking" us cake in her kitchen. The next night in the bathtub she asked me "What was it that you wanted to be 'when you grow up'?" Confused it took me a minute to catch on that she had overheard us. I told her what it was, and she replied with "Yes, that's what I want to be when I grow up too." It made me smile. She wants to be like me.

But, don't worry she still wants to be a mommy. And the last count was 12 kids.

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. You really are a great mommy. No wonder she wants to be like you!

    ReplyDelete