Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Kid Craft: Noodle Necklaces!

I have been doing a few fun crafts with Ariana and have several more in my head that I'm planning to do in the next few weeks. You'll be seeing a few "kid craft" posts throughout December. Some are just for fun, and some are for Christmas. I also have a few adult crafts and DIY's to share too!!

Ariana is only 2 years old, so they are pretty beginner, but you can add different elements to each idea to make it more suitable for your kids!

First Kid Craft: Noodle Necklaces!
With some help planning from my Aunt, I came up with this craft.

Supplies:
noodles (I used about 1/2 box of rigatoni)
food coloring
rubbing acohol
shoelaces (I used 27 inch ones)
(Also you'll need bowls to dye noodles in, something like aluminum or wax paper to dry your noodles on, and a kid!)

To dye your noodles, separate a  handful of noodles into different bowls. Add in 1 capful of rubbing acohol and a few drops of liquid food coloring to each bowl. I used about 6 drops of the food coloring on each batch, but use as many or as little as you want. Stir until coated well. Let your noodles sit in the bowls for a couple hours, stirring occasionally to ensure even coating of dye. Lay flat on aluminum foil to dry. I made red, green, blue and yellow (although it looks kinda orangey).

Once your noodles are dry tie a knot in the end of the shoestring so that noodles won't slip off the end. Then have fun stringing them into bracelets, necklaces, or even make Christmas ornaments like we did!




This is a fun and easy craft for those cold winter days when you're stuck inside.

One shoestring made one small (2 year old size) necklace and when I cut it into 2 pieces I could string 3 noodles on each and make a ornament. I'm sure there are lots of other fun things to do with these. Ariana loved sorting them and stringing them by color.

**Be sure to check back soon, because my next craft post is going to be a Christmas one!!!

xo
Cat

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment